1. I use fun charts like this with the songs so they see the "spider walk up the flower" when they are singing really nicely!
|September Singing Time|
|Find the Button Game for September Singing Time|
4. If you use the flip chart method to teach the song, just put up a few of the flip charts and cover up several of the words in each chart so kids are singing lines by themselves. This is great practice.
5. Have some kids come up and hula hoop during the songs (maybe 3 kids and hoops) and as they wind down and drop the hoop they just freeze till the song is over. Then they go pick 3 more people to try and hula hoop to the end of the song. Some kids will actually be able to do it!
|Hula Hoop for Singing Time|
6. Choose a leader. They are like the pied piper. You can call them that if you want. They get to walk around the entire primary picking people as you sing the song to come along behind them and follow them. We used to do this for Follow the Prophet, but I've done it since with any song I like. The kids love it and it is fun for them to watch the circle of kids walking round and round while they are singing.
|Using Musical Instruments for Singing Time|
7. Bring in musical percussion instruments and have kids play while you sing. They can keep the beat. Bells, drums, chimes, anything that clicks and clacks or keeps a beat, tambourines, bongos. etc.
Have fun practicing for your Primary Presentation!