12 General Conference Activities for Kids.
All kids, no matter what age, love to color some coloring pages with brand new crayons. Here is an easter basket with eggs, chicks and bunnies to cut out and glue inside. All kids love Bingo, wordsearches and crossword puzzles. So no matter what age you've got at home, it would be fun to give out activity booklets or sheets with ideas for your primary children. And your own kids would love these ideas too! If kids are engaged during General Conference, they may pay attention a little bit better. And isn't that what every parent would like? Yes, it is. :D
|Berry Shortcake for General Conference morning Breakfast! Yummy and easy. I just use a yellow cake mix and cut that up into squares. But this is one fancy way to decorate the plates with raspberry puree. I would creme to the top.|
One thing that will get everybody around the T.V. is food. If you wake up a little early, and make a nice breakfast buffet or brunch, they will come. Just like Field of Dreams; if you build it, they will come. Make some Berry Shortcake for Sunday morning Breakfast! That will get all the kids up and watching conference! I also do a sausage puff egg casserole that everybody loves. Check it out HERE at Weekday Chef, my cooking blog.
Another thing that my kids would love to do is eat a yummy buffet of their favorite foods. If I set it all up at the table, people will come and watch while they eat on T.V. trays and at little kiddie tables around the T.V. If you don't get it on T.V. you will have a hard time doing this at the stake center. lol. Plus you'd have to make a ton of food. tee hee.
Here are some really great General Conference ideas for Kids that I've found
1. Get a new pack of crayons and do coloring Pages from LDS Clip .
2. Do a Word Search puzzle from LDS Resources
3. Activity Pages from The Idea Door
4. Latter-day Prophet Matching Game from Live Eat CraftEArt
5. Play a game of I Spy the Prophet from We Talk of Christ
6. General Conference Bingo from Oopsy Daisy7. Activities found in The Friend
8. Conference Memory Game from Beehive Messages
9. Choose a Conference activity from Sugardoodle
10. Do some Dot-to-Dot Activities from My CTR Ring
11. Play Conference Bingo from The Friend
12. Or Play a General Conference Game from Lady Create-a-lot
French Vanilla Cream Puffs to make for General Conference Weekend.
Another fun idea is to make cream puffs and have the kids frost or decorate them during conference choir performances, as a kind of break from sitting and listening. My post on the most delicious French Vanilla cream puffs is HERE. Have fun during general conference coming up in a few weeks. In the meantime, copy off a few of these sheets for the kids in your primary tomorrow. The parents will thank you. :D